Job No. 4.40.001
We are a private, family owned, Start-Up Canadian company committed to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of seniors by personalizing care and paying attention to details. We are looking for compassionate and caring individuals on an “as required call-out basis” to provide various in-home services including personal care, companionship, homemaking, respite, live-in and 24 hours care.
This position reports to the Care Supervisor and is responsible to provide care as per the Care Plan. Home Care Assistant constantly monitors and evaluates opportunities to improve care and communicates client needs to the Care Supervisor. Home Care Assistant also practices to reflect Compassion Senior Care’s Missions and Values.
- Assistance with activities of daily living / personal care,
- Light housekeeping duties,
- Meal planning and preparation,
- Medication reminders,
- Transportation to and from appointments – medical and leisure,
- Dementia care,
- Transferring clients (e.g. from bed to wheelchair) and help with mobility.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of one year experience working with seniors,
- Health Care Aide certification preferred,
- Dementia certification preferred,
- First Aid and CPR certificates an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills,
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license; clean driving record and a reliable and insured vehicle that can be used for client transportation. Must be able to provide driving transcript on hire,
- Criminal check record with vulnerable sector check (within one year),
- Negative TB result check,
- Able to work independently,
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop and lift as needed.