Why should I choose Compassion Senior Care instead of one of the numerous other home care agencies servicing Calgary?
We are a private family owned, Canadian company committed to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of seniors by personalizing care and paying attention to details. We provide personalized care meaning that we do not “fit” our seniors into standardized packages of services, but we take the time to understand the unique needs of each senior and develop a plan of care and services to appropriately meet these needs. We identify the important choices the senior likes to make and we do whatever it takes to try to accommodate these preferences and make a positive difference. We also know that seniors’ needs change over time for a variety of reasons such as health challenges or changes in family availability, therefore, we recognize the need for flexibility and timely alterations in the care and services we provide.
It is our philosophy to serve our clients versus servicing our clients. Through our unique Senior-Centered Care approach that addresses the physical, mental, social and spiritual wellbeing of seniors. We have woven a strong spirit of serving into the fabric of Compassion Senior Care which means our Home Care Assistants are continually opening their hearts and minds to ways in which they can further enhance the lives of the seniors they care for. Our Home Care Assistants get to know their seniors as persons and build a trustworthy relationship with them. As an employer we believe that for our Home Care Assistants to build a strong spirit of serving and develop trusting relationships with their seniors, Home Care Assistants must be treated with respect and caring concern by us, their employer, and in doing so the care and concern will be passed on to our seniors in a trustworthy, kind-hearted, fashion. Knowing our Home Care Assistants, helps us to successfully match caregivers with seniors.
We believe that providing care and services to seniors includes working alongside families to provide the best services and care possible. Families are a very important support network for seniors and understanding how family members are involved in the life of the senior informs our Home Care Assistants of how to augment rather than duplicate care. We also want to ensure that families maintain balance in their own lives and do not burn out so we help families to recognize changing needs of their seniors and collaborate on arriving at shared solutions. Families often are strong advocates for their seniors therefore it is important that we engage families by keeping open lines of communication.
How do I know Compassion Senior Care provides a high quality of service and care?
Quality of Care and Service
- The foundation of our care and service excellence is established by our satisfaction surveys conducted regularly with our seniors and their families. This information provides valuable insights into what is deemed important to our seniors and their families and how we can enhance our services and care.
- Our care and service are based on current evidence related to healthy aging, home care client outcomes, dignity, and compassion, to name just a few.
- We have policies, standards, and Home Care Assistants handbooks to address our mission, vision and values and guide our Home Care Assistants to provide the best possible care and service.
Quality of Home Care Assistants
- Exceptional people demonstrating knowledge, experience, and compassion.
- Selected based on national criminal record checks, the appropriate education level, personal and professional references, and a rigorous interview process.
- Once hired, our Home Care Assistants are bonded, insured, and covered by Workers’ Compensation.
- Ongoing Home Care Assistant training and education are provided to maintain current knowledge and practice.
- Regular performance evaluations of Home Care Assistants promote the ongoing development of these individuals.
- Home Care Assistants have access to a Registered Nurse 24 hours per day, seven days per week should Home Care Assistants require consultation and support regarding the senior
What types of home care services are offered by Compassion Senior Care?
We offer a range of Home Care services including personal care, companion care, meal preparation, medication reminders, housekeeping, respite care and caregiver relief. For more detailed descriptions of our services please visit our “Services” section on our Home page of the website.
What is involved in the free in-home consultation and does the free in-home consultation mean an obligation to purchase home care services from Compassion Senior Care?
- The first in-home consultation is FREE.
- The purpose of the in-home consultation is for us to gain an understanding of the current health situation and needs, as well as any possible risks in the home to ensure our home care services can be conducted in a safe manner. It is also an opportunity for the senior to learn more about Compassion Senior Care to determine if it is the right choice.
- The FREE in-home consultation is completely without obligation to purchase services.
Do I have to sign a contract with Compassion Senior Care?
Our Service Agreements don’t require a term. They can be terminated at any time with an agreed notice period. Clients and their families enter into a written Service Agreement in order to clearly define the Services to be provided and the terms and conditions for receiving such Services.